Brookfield Economic Development Three-Year Plan
Village of Brookfield Community Data
Start or Expand Your Business in BrookfieldThis section provides everything you need to start or expand your business in the Village of Brookfield. Our goal is to have your business up and running as soon as possible, as time is money. Your early success determines our long-term success as a community, and we want you to achieve a positive return on your investment. You may renew your business license online by clicking here.
There are several commercial properties in Brookfield that are available for lease or sale. We also have excellent opportunities for development and/or re-development located in key locations throughout the community.
Brookfield Available Properties
Current Funding InformationAs funding information becomes available, we will share the information with Brookfield businesses.
There are many other important resources available to support new and existing businesses to thrive.
- Small Business Administration Business Guide - great resource for a new business.
- Small Business Administration Funding Programs
- Local Assistance
- Illinois State Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) administers an array of programs and services designed to assist Illinois businesses, including expansion incentives, technology support, access to capital, marketing expertise and job training.
- Cook County Department of Planning and Development programs designed to assist businesses grow and thrive including:
- Accion Opportunity Fund Loans from $5,000 to $250,000 with transparent terms and no prepayment penalty.
- CRF USA supports small businesses to identify access to capital and resources, empower people, build sustainable communities and help close the racial wealth gap.
The Village of Brookfield is a 3.07-square-mile community located in Cook County, Illinois, approximately 13 miles southwest of Downtown Chicago. Brookfield is serviced by PACE bus service, BNSF Metra trains with 3 stations in town, and major arterial roads including 1st Avenue (IL Route 171) and Ogden Avenue (U.S. Route 34). Brookfield is also minutes away from I-55, I-290, and I-294.
Well-known attractions located within the Village of Brookfield include the Brookfield Zoo, Irish Times, Galloping Ghost Arcade, Salt Creek, and the parks system including the Oak Savannas.
Additional Brookfield demographic data can be found here:
BROOKFIELD INCENTIVE INFORMATIONTax Increment Finance (TIF)
Tax Increment Financing, or TIF, is a tool to help Brookfield restore areas that need a jumpstart and to economically sluggish parts of the community. With this tool, Brookfield like other communities can make the improvements needed, like new roads or new sewers, and provide incentives to attract businesses or to help existing businesses expand without tapping into general funds or raising taxes.
For businesses located within a TIF district, the grant funding opportunity that the Village of Brookfield currently offers is the:
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.