Thank you for choosing The Village of Brookfield Parks and Recreation Department’s before & after school program for your beyond-school hour needs. We have developed our programs to include a large variety of activities over the course of the year that will keep your child entertained, engaged, and active in a safe and supervised setting. We are excited and ready to meet the needs of you and your family. This program is administered by the Parks and Recreation Department; however, we work cooperatively with Districts 95 in the use of their transportation system to maximize the amount of benefit and convenience for your family who is enrolled in our Village Hall location.
Mission & Philosophy of S.T.A.R.S.
The Village of Brookfield has developed the S.T.A.R.S. (Students Together in an Active Recreation Setting) program to meet the before & after school childcare needs of the community. We aim to provide a safe, healthy environment for children K-5th grade.
We value our community and surrounding communities, and it is the mission of the program to work cooperatively with the school district to ensure safe, quality care of children beyond school hours that will uphold our program goals and objectives while keeping the mission of the school district at our forefront through activities that promote and support self-assured, life-long learners.
The Village of Brookfield’s Before & After School program is designed to keep the participants active, engaged, entertained, and socially involved through a variety of activities within a safe and supervised setting. We have an inclusive environment and treat all participants and fellow staff members as individuals with respect, care, and sincerity. Your child has ensured the best care from our trained, qualified instructors taking place right in the comfort of their hometown. All our carefully planned activities are implemented with the following goals in mind:
- Build on our program character traits of being: Respectful, Responsible, Peaceful, and to act with Integrity.
- Encourage children to be social and boost their self-confidence within group settings.
- Promote teamwork, sportsmanship, and respect with fellow participants and instructors.
- Provide a positive, sound environment in which children can learn and play.
- Develop skills and knowledge through a variety of activities, but not limited to: sports, art, crafts, nature, games, academics, and fitness.
- Reinforce student work ethic and responsibility through providing quiet homework time daily and answering any questions to the best of our ability
2020/2021 Midday Care
While not typically part of our regular school year goals and objectives but important for student success is our Midday option goals and objectives which are meant to facilitate your child’s remote learning plan. In addition to the above, our mid-day option will:
- Provide a positive, quiet, and sound environment in which children can learn and complete remote work
- Facilitate remote learning through providing access and attempting to answer any questions a child might have in their schoolwork
Ben White – Recreation Supervisor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main Office: 708-485-1474
- Direct line: 708-485-1528
You can contact Ben for details on program structure, fees, registration, and anything else S.T.A.R.S. related!
Programs and Fees
Before School (6:30 am-8 am)
- $72/month (3-day FLEX)
- $116/month (5 days)
Midday Care (7:30 am – 12 pm or 10:30 am – 3 pm)
- $162/month (3-day FLEX)
- $261/month (5 days)
- Times are based on lunch and remote learning times for Brook Park students
After School (3 pm – 6 pm)
- $144/month (3-day FLEX)
- $320/month (5 days)
Before/Midday Care Combo
- $199/month (3-day FLEX)
- $320/month (5 days)
Midday/After School Combo
- $260/month (3-day FLEX)
- $419/month (5 days)
All Day Care Combo (6:30 am – 6 pm)
- $487/month (5 days)
- no 3-day FLEX available for this option
Currents fees come out to $4 per month for Before/After School & $3 per hour for Midday Care! Fees are based on the total hours of the entire school year. A $125 deposit is due at the time of registration and is applied to your final month of registration. Full month tuition is due for any days attended of the month.
Changes to your registration must be submitted to the Recreation Supervisor 2 weeks before your registration change.
Forms & Manuals
For registration, our office requires the below forms to be filled out, signed, and returned to the Recreation Supervisor (email@example.com).
- Emergency Form
- Covid-19 Permission Form
- Registration Waiver
- Medication Authorization & Release Form – only required for those who will need to take medication while on-site at Brookfield Village Hall
Please review this entire manual. This addresses everything from our philosophy to payment policies to program structure and health/safety measures. Part of your emergency form is acknowledging you have read and understood all policies included.
- 2020/21 STARS Parent Manual (District 95 only)
The S.T.A.R.S. program closely follows Brookfield – LaGrange Park SD 95’s school calendar for Brook Park students.
Brookfield Municipal Campus – 8820 Brookfield Ave. Brookfield, IL 60513
Interesting Articles & Resources for Families
We hope to provide as many resources as possible for parents to help make the most of their child’s experience in STARS Before & After School! Our staff will periodically update this listing of interesting videos and articles revolving around after-school programs, education, and childhood. If you have an article you think is really interesting, feel free to email it to Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org