The Village of Brookfield, IL, population 18,978 and home to the Brookfield Zoo, is accepting applications for a full-time Management Analyst. The Management Analyst position is a highly responsible position within the Village Manager’s Office and supports various aspects of the Village operations. Work requires the exercise of considerable judgment, initiative, and discretion.
The general responsibilities of the position include:
- Oversight of the Village’s website, social medial, newsletter, and cable channel;
- Serve as the Village’s Customer Service Ombudsman;
- Assisting with budget development, human resources, and risk management;
- Act as the Village’s primary Freedom of Information Act Officer;
- Assist in preparation and management of Village Board agenda packet process;
- Assist in maintaining various information systems;
- Maintain files and administer file management system;
- Coordinate special programs or projects, involving participation of various Village Departments;
- Participate in various committees.
The successful candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must have proven skills in using various social media tools and have proven technical skills in various software applications including Microsoft Office Suite and website content editing and management. The candidate must also have outstanding organizational and time management skills, and be detail oriented with multi-tasking capabilities in a fast-paced environment. Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to deal tactfully with the public and a high level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information is essential.
Requirements for this position include a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, or related field, with a Master’s in Public Administration preferred. Two years of relevant experience is required.
The salary range is $55,000 – $60,000 +/- DOQ. The Village provides a full complement of benefits including paid vacation, paid holidays, personal days, and sick time. Additionally, health and life insurance and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF). The position is contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a criminal background check and a pre-employment medical exam, including a drug screen.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application no later than September 24, 2019 to: Michelle Robbins, Director of Human Resources. Materials must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Employment applications may be found here, or at the Village Hall.
The Village of Brookfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer