Bike Brookfield on Tap for Tomorrow

The Village wants to thank the 550+ registrants for joining Bike Brookfield tomorrow. The Village staff will monitor the weather forecast for the immediate Brookfield area. As noted in an email to registrants, the event is rain or shine, with an emergency plan for extreme weather (lightning, tornado or extreme heat) that designates certain areas as shelters. These include the Village Hall, the Brookfield Public Library, Tischlers, the nearby CVS, and Cantata.

As of Friday at 9 AM, the Village’s weather data service is indicating the following weather for biking on Saturday morning (9 AM to Noon): Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of scattered showers and possibly a thunder storm from 7 AM to 10:30 AM. The weather is expected to worsen after the Bike Brookfield event concludes/as the afternoon progresses, with a 60% chance of scattered showers/t-storms after 1 PM or 2 PM. The weather report adds that the greatest risk of severe weather will stay to our south/southwest.