The past year and half has seen a real renaissance in Brookfield’s downtown, as new businesses move in, expand and invest. In the past 18 months, the following businesses have elected to make downtown Brookfield their new home:
- Alphabet Learning Center – 3726 Grand Boulevard (2nd location)
- Strive 4 Fitness – Grand Boulevard (expanded location)
- Brookfield Ale House – 8900 Fairview (opened 11/16, expanding early 2018)
- Fiesta Margarita – 3755 Grand Boulevard
- Farmers Insurance – 8922 Fairview.
In addition, the 9-unit Signature Apartments on Fairview broke ground earlier this year (scheduled for completion in December or January). This will add more patrons and residents to the downtown population, which will be an important boost to the foot traffic supporting local businesses. The Little Owl has commenced construction to refurbish a space located at 3747 Grand Boulevard as well.
The follow photographs show 2 of the larger projects, before and after the reinvestment that resulted in major upgrades to the properties. The downtown trends are in line with overall building permit trends, which have increased 97% since 2011!.